On the “System backup” page, a backup of all the relevant system settings, like certificates, keys, MTA settings etc., can be made. A backup can be created and downloaded or a backup can be made to a remote SAMBA share.
An automated backup schedule can be configured which will periodically create a backup on a remote SAMBA share.
- A backup can be password encrypted. If no password is specified the backup will not be encrypted.
- Backup location
- A backup can be stored on a remote share or downloaded to the local system.
- Do not backup database
- If “Do not backup database” is enabled, only the config files are stored in the back-up and not the database. This can be useful when the gateway is setup in a HA master/master cluster. In a HA cluster, only one backup of the database needs to be created.
Restoring a backup will overwrite all local settings and cannot be undone. After a restore the system needs to be restarted.
The backup configuration () page can be used to configure the remote SAMBA share and the automatic backup schedule.
- To enable automatic backups check the “Enabled” checkbox.
- Cron expression
- The cron expression determines at which intervals a backup will be started. The default cron expression
0 0 2 * * ?automatically starts a backup every night at 2 o’clock.
- The password with which the backup will be encrypted.
- Filename strategy
- The filename of the backup is determined by the strategy setting. Choose between “day of week”, “day of month”, “day of year” and “timestamp”. “Day of week” uses the day of the week for the filename (1-7), “Day of month” uses the day number for the filename (1-31), “Day of year” uses the day (1-365) for the filename and “Timestamp” uses the number of milliseconds since January 1, 1970 UTC for the filename.
Example Cron Expressions¶
|0 0 12 * * ?||Backup at 12pm (noon) every day|
|0 15 10 ? * *||Backup at 10:15am every day|
|0 10,44 14 ? 3 WED||Backup at 2:10pm and at 2:44pm every Wednesday in March|
|0 15 10 15 * ?||Backup at 10:15am on the 15th day of every month|
|0 15 10 L * ?||Backup at 10:15am on the last day of every month|