Simplify your Android email encryption experience
CipherMail for Android is an Android application which can be used with your existing Android mail application to send and receive S/MIME digitally signed and encrypted email with an Android smartphone.
CipherMail for Android does not provide functionality to retrieve email. An existing Android email application with attachment support, for example Gmail or K9, should be used to retrieve the encrypted attached smime.p7m message.
Ciphermail for Android used to be capable of using a Gmail account for sending email. It lost this capability when Gmail changed its policies and required the use of Oauth to send email via a Gmail account. From version 3.1, Ciphermail for Android will support the use of Gmail with Oauth. Click here for details.
- S/MIME 3.1 (X.509, RFC 3280).
- Can be used with the Android Gmail application.
- Compatible with existing S/MIME clients (like Outlook, Lotus Notes, Thunderbird etc.)
- Message body and attachments are encrypted.
- HTML email support.
- Certificates are automatically extracted from incoming email.
- Certificate revocation lists (CRLs) are automatically downloaded (LDAP and HTTP).
- Certificate trust lists (CTLs) can be used to black or white-list certificates.
- External LDAP servers can be queried for new certificates.
- Can generate self-signed certificates for a 'private-PKI'.