- ESX & ESXi version 5 and up
- VMware Workstation
- VMware Player
Import virtual appliance¶
- Users of CipherMail Professional or Webmail Messenger, should download the VMware virtual machine from https://support.ciphermail.com. For the community edition, download the VMware version from https://www.ciphermail.com/downloads-virtual-appliance.html.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file.
- Import the virtual appliance using the tool that comes with your VMware product. For example with the vSphere client, select the menu option “Deploy OVF Template…” and select the ovf file to import.
- To prevent swapping because of memory overcommitment, reserve all memory for the virtual machine.
VMWare memory reservation can be set using the following procedure:
- Select settings of the virtual appliance
- Select resources tab and finally
- Select memory and set reservation to the limit based on parent resource pool or current host. For more information on running a JVM on ESX see http://www.vmware.com/resources/techresources/1087